Terms & Conditions
Please take time to read our terms and conditions.
Prices & Payment
- Prices quoted are per room, in GBP £’s sterling.
- Bookings must be guaranteed by a valid debit or credit card or cheque.
- We accept most major debit & credit cards including American Express – however a 4% charge will be made to use the latter due to the costs passed on to us from this card provider. We make no charge for debit or credit cards.
- Discounted prices for children (aged 5-14) are based on them sharing a room with an adult paying full price. Children (aged 5 or over) not sharing a room with an adult will be charged at full price.
- Children must be accompanied in the room overnight by a parent / adult.
- Children under 5 are charged at £5 per night where a bed has to be made up for them.
- Travel cots are available at £5 per night. Parents are requested to bring the childs own bed linen.
Payments, Cancellations & Refunds
- Full payment for bookings is taken on the day of booking.
Cancellations & Refunds:
- If cancellations are advised more than 14 days before arrival, then a full refund will be made – less the cost of the first nights accommodation.
- If cancellations are advised between 5 – 13 days before arrival, then a 50% refund will be made – less the cost of the first nights accommodation.
- If cancellations are advised less than 5 days before the arrival date, 25% of the value of the booking will be refunded.
- Cancellations on the day of arrival or ‘no shows’ will receive no refunds.
- If you are concerned about the possibility of cancellation you are strongly advised to take out travel insurance.
- Accommodation is offered subject to being still available when we receive your booking form. We would only cancel your booking if your accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would, however, attempt to offer you alternative accommodation. If this was not possible or unacceptable to you, then we would refund all monies paid by you for your holiday. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
There is normally a requirement for a minimum of 2 nights stays. However contact us for availability of 1 night stays.
- During Easter & August a minimum 3 nights stays is normally required. However please ask for availability of shorter stays.
Arrival & Departure times
- Check-in times are between 15:30-18:30. Prior arrangement should be made if you expect to arrive after 18:30. If guests arrive prior to this time, they are welcome to park their car onsite and leave bags inside the guesthouse in a secure room until check-in time (if we are here).
- Rooms must be vacated by 10.30am at the latest on day of departure.
- The Rathgowry has a small car park with spaces for 7-8 cars, which is available to guests free of charge during their holiday. Cars are parked and left on the premises at the owners’ risk.
- Alternative free parking is available within a very short distance.
Rooms & Visitors
- No responsibility is taken for valuables left in guest rooms
- Well behaved children are welcomed at The Rathgowry. Parents are asked to supervise their children at all times.
- High chair and cot are available by prior request. Cots are charged at £5 per night.
- The Rathgowry owners reserve the right to judge acceptable levels of noise or behaviour of guests & their visitors. In the event of failure to comply with management requests, the owners may terminate the booking.
- Visitors of guests who are staying at The Rathgowry must not be on site between 21:00 & 10:30. Visitors must respect residents and keep noise levels to a minimum. Guests should not pass keys to The Rathgowry to any non paying visitors of The Rathgowry at any time.
- The Rathgowry does not accept large group bookings.
- Any damage to the room and the guesthouse fixtures, fittings and furnishing will be the responsibility of the customer and will be charged accordingly.
- Room keys must be left at reception upon departure; if they are lost the customer will be charged £25.
- Any items left behind in error, will be held for one month before being disposed of. Items can be returned to customers upon request at their own cost. An additional £5 surcharge applies.
- Breakfast is served between 08.00am and 09.15am.
- Individual dietary requirements will be accommodated as far as possible with prior notice.
- If guests are departing before breakfast the owners will be happy to try to accommodate an earlier light breakfast or a sandwich ‘to go’.
Food in Rooms
- Guests are welcome to consume drinks and cold food in their rooms, however hot / takeaway food is not permitted.
- The Rathgowry is strictly non-smoking, both inside and outside within the grounds.
- Although we appreciate our animal friends – pets are not allowed at The Rathgowry. Sorry!
- The Rathgowry is based on quite a steep hill. Mobility devices can be hired from Falmouth Town.
- The Rathgowry does not have any ground floor rooms due to the age & of construction of the building. There are 5 rooms on the first floor – which are 19 steps up from the ground floor. There are a further 4 rooms on the 2nd floor which are 36 steps up from the ground floor. Unfortunately wheelchair access is not possible and there are no lifts – again due to the construction of the building.